Surely you are one of those who do not know that Telegram has a built-in download manager, something that is very practical for us to follow everything we are downloading. We tell you everything you need to know about it.
Telling you that Telegram is direct and real competition for WhatsApp today is something that more or less we all know.
Telegram is a messaging application that was launched in 2013 by the brothers Nikoái and Pável Dúrov , to become what we have talked about above, an alternative to the almighty WhatsApp.
It has more than 500 million users worldwide, although it is still far from the 2,000 million of WhatsApp and the 1,300 million of Facebook Messenger.
Telegram uses the MTProto communications protocol, which is focused on multi-session on various devices and on the transport of files regardless of their format or capacity.
There are certain features that make this application unique, such as bots or secret chats to protect privacy between users, by carrying an exclusive type of encryption.
Its main virtues are that it does not have ads, you can send up to 15 GB of messages, photos or videos, it has a fairly tight data consumption, you can create groups of 200 people and, in addition, it is not necessary to share your phone number.
To all this, we must now add a new faculty such as having a download manager, which was presented at the beginning of 2022. It will be in charge of keeping track of what is downloaded both in the channels and in the chats and in groups.
It is an excellent idea, more than anything, because, with the system that worked until now, it was difficult to keep track of what we had downloaded, being dispersed between different channels, chats and groups.
If we go to the version that Telegram has for desktop, we can see that there is a small tab in the lower left, under contract, where it informs if there is any download in progress.
The issue is that the download manager, there are many people who can not find it. To get the manager to work once and for all, we must perform a few steps both on the desktop and on the mobile.
Download manager on desktop Telegram
As we have already seen, Telegram for desktop informs us through a small tab when a download is in progress, but at first glance, we do not see what the download manager is anywhere.
In order for us to have the download manager once and for all on Telegram for desktop, we must do the following:
- We are going to click on the four vertical stripes that appear in the upper left part of Telegram Desktop.
- Now we click on Settings.
- Next, we go to Advanced.
- Finally, we enter Downloads. Here you will see a long list of your previous downloads with the option to search for them as well. From this download manager, we can press items to open them or right-click to access options like Show in folder.The most normal thing is that this administrator ends up being placed in a place that is close at hand and not as hidden as it is at the moment. The truth is that reaching it is not difficult, but it can be tedious to carry out all these steps every time we want to enter it.
Download manager on mobile Telegram
Telegram is widely used on the desktop, but where it is really used and continuously is on the mobile phone, where we can also find this download manager.
We are going to tell you where you must enter to be able to use it, being valid both for terminals with the Android and iOS operating systems.
The frustrating thing is that it is also half hidden in the internal menus of the application, just as it happened to the desktop version.
The steps we must perform are the following:
- As usual, we open Telegram on our smartphones.
- We press the search button that is in the upper right corner.
- Now we will see how a good number of tabs appear, such as Chat, Media, Links, Files and one that says Downloads, which we must press.
- From here is the site where we will be able to manage all the files that we have been downloading through Telegram and everything from the same place. If we are downloading any file, a download button will appear next to the search button on the Telegram home screen.Thanks to this we will have a simpler way to manage downloads thanks to the download manager, although we have to bear that it is not exactly at hand to be able to enter it.Although the download manager is not located in the best place in the world, without being precisely at hand, neither in the desktop version nor in the mobile version, it can be a great ally if we are people who usually use Telegram to download many types of files.Yes, the engineers of this messaging app can be asked to incorporate all these faculty, which is so extremely interesting, in a place where we enter directly and do not have to do so many paravanes to get to use it.
Before, downloads were made in each chat or group, which could cause you to lose what you had downloaded because you can no longer find where it is, since new comments were added and in the end, we didn’t know where to look.
Now we have them all together, it will be extremely easy to manage them and not miss any or at least we can remember all those that we have been selecting from different chats and groups.
It can be perfected, undoubtedly, but it is a first step to having another capacity in our messaging app.